Sugar and snow pea pods are edible, so simply take off the stem and eat the whole thing! They are very crunchy and sweet.
To store, keep in bag in the fridge.
To clean, rinse with cold water.
To prepare, take off stems and eat raw, on a salad, or snow peas taste good in stir fry!
There is not much difference in sugar peas and snow peas. The sugar peas are a little sweeter (pictured above). They are fatter and shorter than snow peas.
Salad with Snow Peas, Grapes, and Feta
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, such as kale, collards, spinach, romaine and arugula
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Combine vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in small bowl. Whisk together.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad. Toss well and serve.